Orege sells second SLG unit to GCUA (USA)
Voisins-Le-Bretonneux, October 5, 2020 (7:00 a.m.)
In July 2017, following the purchase of a first SLG solution in Orège, Dave Hilbmann, Director of Operations at GCUA said: “Our need was twofold. We were looking for a process that would not only provide us with a drier sludge cake, but also give it a physical property that would improve the handling and management of a planned research project. Above all, it had to be reasonably priced and low to run. I believe we have found the solution with the SLG®. The best part is that it is also simple for our operators to operate. Orège representatives have worked with my staff to optimize the system and the results are impressive. The SLG® project exceeded all established performance criteria ”.
In 2019, a second SLG unit was leased to GCUA and operated to condition the sludge upstream of an Alfa Laval belt filter press.
GCUA has now decided to exercise its option to purchase this second SLG unit.
An annual service contract for the optimization of the sludge treatment workshop and maintenance services was also signed with the sale. The service contract is renewed annually.
The purchase is self-financed on the expected savings resulting from the performance of SLG solutions:
- Gain in sludge cake dryness (between +2 and + 3%) allowing a significant reduction in disposal costs;
- Reduction of polymer consumption by more than 20%;
- Significant improvement in the granularity of sludge favoring its recovery.
This success confirms the full benefit of Orège solutions for improving the environmental footprint.
Ed Bowman, director of utilities at GCUA said: “We bought the second SLG because it works. We are seeing dry cakes that we use less polymer to produce. Since we switched from incineration to digestion in 2019, service technicians from Orège have been present throughout the process and have provided the necessary assistance with the transition.
The GCUA-Orège partnership is valuable and is part of a long-term approach, in the context of the evolution of the sludge sector, in particular with the implementation of anaerobic digestion. The implementation of an innovative, economical and ecological solution is a strong argument that consumers appreciate more and more.
On the strength of this partnership established 3 years ago, Orège demonstrates the added value of its know-how in the management and optimization of the entire sludge workshop. The cumulative value of sales of SLG solutions and other services provided to GCUA since 2017 represents approximately US $ 800,000 for Orege.
About the Gloucester County Utilities Authority (GCUA)
The Gloucester County, New Jersey wastewater treatment plant treats the wastewater of approximately 300,000 population equivalent. www.gcuanj.com
Orège, a player in the circular economy and sustainable development, is an international company specializing in the development and marketing of packaging, treatment and recovery solutions for sludge.
A subsidiary of the Eren group, Orège supports its clients in around ten countries from its sites in France, the United States, England and Germany.
– The Alfa Laval Group: Scandinavian group, world leader, specializing in the development and marketing of products and solutions for separation, fluid transfer and heat exchange in the fields of energy, the environment, agrifood and water.
– The Itochu Machine-Technos Corp (IMTC) group: IMTC is a subsidiary of the Japanese group ITOCHU Corporation, one of the largest and most renowned “sogo shosha” (diversified trading house), which distributes and integrates equipment and solutions in the fields of the environment and energy recovery.
Orège has been listed on the regulated market of Euronext – Paris since July 5, 2013
ISIN: FR0010609206 – OREGE